Prof Stefano Capolongo
Architect, PhD, and Full Professor in Hospital Design e Urban Health at Politecnico di Milano.
Director of the Department Architecture, Built environment and Construction engineering (ABC) at Politecnico di Milano.
- Professor of the courses Social Architecture, Building hygiene in the Design Studio III e Health and sustainability of the built environment in the Final Studio at the School of Architecture, Urban Planning and Construction Engineering (AUIC) at Politecnico di Milano.
- Director of the joint Master Politecnico di Milano, Università degli Studi di Milano and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Rome inPlanning, Programming and Design of Healthcare facilities
- Professor at the post-graduate School of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine in Parma and Milan (Università degli Studi di Parma and Università degli Studi di Milano) and Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan
- Director of the courses Therapeutic Landscape Design, Indoor Air Quality in living and working environments andFinance in Public Health at Politecnico di Milano
- Coordinator of several multidisciplinary projects of Alta Scuola Politecnica (Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Torino)
- Director of residential courses related to the relationship between built environment and health at the “Giuseppe D’Alessandro” Higher School of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine in Erice – Ettore Majorana Foundation and Centre for Scientific Culture
- Coordinator of the Cluster Design of health facilitiesof Politecnico di Milano
- Coordinator of the Lab Design & Health of Department ABC of Politecnico di Milano
- President of the Urban Public Health Section of European Public Health Association (EUPHA)
- Coordinator of European chapter of the International Academy for Design and Health (IADH)
- General Secretariat of CNETO (Italian Center for Hospital Building and Design)
- Coordinator of the research group Hygiene of Built Environmentof SItI (Italian Society of Hygiene, Preventive Medicine and Public Health) for the two-year periods 2015-2016 and 2017-2018
- Founding member of ALSP (Lombard Academy of Public Health)
- Founding member of Foundation Action for Health Institute
- President of the Golgi Redaelli Institute in Milan
- Referent and delegate for the Board of Directors for Politecnico di Milano of the Foundation Cluster Technologies for Smart Cities & Communities, Regione Lombardia.
- Member of the Work Table “Urban Health” at the General Directorate of Health Prevention of the Italian Ministry of Health
- Member of the committee of Cities Changing Diabetes project in Milan
- Member of the Academic Senate of Politecnico di Milano
- Adjunct member in the Health Development Commission for Regione Lombardia from 2013-to 2017.
He is author of several scientific publications (H-index 21 and 846 citations), and he carries out research concerning Hospital design and Urban Health.